Please be advised that a PTA Meeting is going to be held at school on Thursday, September 17th, at 7:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you there. Thank you!
5 September 2015
Welcome, the 2015-2016 school year is about to begin! We look forward to a great year with each and every member of the MEAHS family, both parents and students. Please feel free to approach the teachers at any time if there is something we can do to assist you and your child in the learning process.
On the first morning of school, your child went through orientation - including reviewing the Handbook and what is expected of him/her in individual classes and at school, and getting their new books and supplies ready for the new year. Expectations and guidelines can be found in the Student Handbook, but here are some reminders:
- School doors open at 8:30 a.m., and school begins promptly at 8:45 a.m.
- Students should always be prepared for class – books, supplies, homework
- School resumes from lunch at 12:40 p.m.
- Unless they require assistance, students are to leave by no later than 3:30 p.m.
- Students will be expected to wear the uniform correctly
- Each student will be assigned an afterschool duty once a week
- Thursdays are P.E. days, so students should wear their P.E. uniforms
- Fridays are Dress-Down Days, where students may come out of uniform for $2
- If your child requires any medication (e.g. Tylenol, prescriptions), give it to his/her Homeroom teacher with dispensing instructions
- School fees are due the 25th of each month
- Students are responsible for tracking assignments in their Planners. Please check it to ensure s/he is doing their homework, which is a vital part of the learning process.
- Parents who need to meet with a teacher may come before or after school, or schedule an appointment (You are encouraged to check with your child’s teachers regularly.)
- Each student is required to complete 24 hours of Community Service.
The supply list that each student needs can be found at any time in the Handbook, but here it is for easy reference. Please make sure that all materials are brought to school on the first day, so we can make sure that everyone if prepared for the year! 9 - 1’ 3-ring binders, Scissors, Loose-leaf paper, Scientific calculator (Grs. 10-12), 1 – Spiral-bound notebook, Geometry set, 2 - black or blue pens, Graphing paper, 2 – pencils, Bible, Pencil sharpener, Weekly planner, Eraser, Colored pencils, White-out, 12” Ruler, School glue, Highlighters, USB storage device (jump drive)
Please be reminded of the payment schedule of school fees for the current school year. This info can also be found in the Handbook.
The following is the tuition schedule for the 2015/16 school year.
Grades 7-9 The total cost of tuition for grades 7-9 for the 2015/16 school year is $4250, which can be paid over 10 payments of $425 due by the dates given below.
Tuition Payment Amount - Due By - Payment #
$425.00 - August 1st - 1
$425.00 - September 25th - 2
$425.00 - October 25th - 3
$425.00 - November 25th - 4
$425.00 - December 25th - 5
$425.00 - January 25th - 6
$425.00 - February 25th - 7
$425.00 - March 25th - 8
$425.00 - April 25th - 9
$425.00 - May 25th - 10
$775.00 (tuition + book fee) *subject to change - June 25th - 1 for 2016/17
Grades 10-12 The total cost of tuition for grades 10-12 for the 2015/16 school year is $4500, which can be paid over 10 payments of $450 due by the dates given below.
Tuition Payment Amount - Due By - Payment #
$450.00 - August 1st - 1
$450.00 - September 25th - 2
$450.00 - October 25th - 3
$450.00 - November 25th - 4
$450.00 - December 25th - 5
$450.00 - January 25th - 6
$450.00 - February 25th - 7
$450.00 - March 25th - 8
$450.00 - April 25th - 9
$450.00 - May 25th - 10
$800.00 (tuition + book fee) *subject to change - June 25th - 1 for 2016/17
EACH payment is due by the 25th of each month, as stated in the payment schedules above. Please ensure that school fees are paid on time. Late payments must paid on or before the 10th of the next month to prevent your student from being sent home and an interruption in his/her education occurring. In the case of strenuous circumstances, please speak with the administrator.
MEAHS families with any outstanding balance on their account for tuition, will not be issued or have access to their report cards or transcripts."
For anyone interested, the calendar for the 2015/2016 school year has been posted up here on the Calendar page.
Remember that during the school year most communication will be posted here, the school’s website. So, check back periodically (though an email notification will be sent to you when postings have been made).
Mrs. Marsha Cruz